Strange times resulting in more children being at home instead of at school these coming weeks....
How to keep them busy and away from the telly? there are lots of wonderful crafty activities to do with them and one of my favorites is play dough...takes only a couple of minutes to make and then can be used for hours afterwards!
There are several recipes online and we looked at these two which are both excellent;
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Half a cup of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cream of Tartar
- 1 - 1.5 cups of hot water
- Food coloring
- Few drops of Glycerine ( optional)
- Literally mix it all up together adding the water until you feel its wet enough, and then knead really well on a work surface.
The play dough can then be stored in a Tupperware for future use.
Try using the colored wooden blocks from our Color Me Happy Snake which has shapes on the underside - they are great for pressing into the dough and making shapes!